Behind our powerful messaging technology is a pretty big team member (like the man behind the curtain at OZ). Nathan Jovin is our magic man, our coding unicorn - and directs our technology department... (read more below)
We say "massive growth" in our blog title. What technologies do you use the most to help you while at work & why? Are there any more technologies you love to use outside of work?
- I use Slack all day. Our team has gotten very active on Slack and I love their product. Even when you’re sitting in the same room with someone, it’s a great way to get their attention less intrusively than walking over to their desk. Slackbot pranks have also become more prevalent - it’s common to type someone’s name and get some silly response back from a bot one of our techteam set up..
- Outside of work, I ride bikes a lot so my favorite pieces of technology related to that is the app Strava. I usually ride alone and Strava is the lonely riders equivalent of the ghost in Mario Cart - I’m always able to compete with myself on any part of my ride based on previous performance.
Do you Tweet? Post? Use LinkedIn?
- I use LinkedIn for networking with colleagues. For general social media I use Instagram the most. By using hash tags I’ve made some “InstaFriends” with hobbies we have in common. Most of these people I’ve never met but you feel like you’re a little connected with somebody based on what they do and how they post. It feels a little creepy, but that’s the wonder of the Internet.
Everyone at Zingle has confidence in our product and company. What are your favorite things about the product?
- I may be biased because I built most of them, but I love our third-party integrations. Whether it’s industry specific tie-ins like HotSOS or more general things like Facebook Messenger, it always feels a little bit like magic when you’re able to get two systems sharing data so efficiently. It’s a relatively simple thing from a technology standpoint but it’s one of my favorite parts about building products.
What are you favorite things about working for Zingle?
- Hands-down without a doubt - our team. We have an absolutely killer team in every department and it’s a blast to come to work every day. It’s like being a Power Ranger without having to wear the suit.
If you had one prediction for what is going to be the next big technology, what do you think will be big and blow up in 2016?
- Obviously I think messaging will continue to make headway into the business space - nobody wants to talk on the phone anymore. If I had to pick a business other than ours that is going to see growth this year I think home automation will make another push. After the initial wave of expensive and difficult-to-install things like smart lights and touch-screen thermostats we’re starting to see more generalized plug-and-play products with open developer ecosystems like Amazon’s Alexa. When you build something like that and then create an ecosystem for developers you’re sure to see some good things come out of it. I really like where they’re headed with that product.
Any last parting words about technology in the business world?
- When it comes to technology in business you’re either in the race or getting run over, there’s no room on the sidelines.
Technology plays a role in millions of consumers' personal daily lives. How big a role is varied between individuals, but it starts with personal cell phones in our every day on-demand culture.
"91% OF US ADULTS NOW OWN SMARTPHONES."
That's a huge number. Starting with mobile, technology is now assisting people in any way they choose. Curated news, work access, messaging & communications, you name it - at your fingertips anywhere. There is a huge #MobileMovement happening, across all devices. Businesses & consumers alike are now adjusting their personal and professional lives based upon these impressive facts.
Come back to The Zingle Blog for the best content & stories!